Cherry Hill is a Great Place to Live, Work, Play and RetireView the Community Magazine for a complete list of activities and classes offered to Cherry Hill senior citizens. Here is an abbreviated list of those services:
Programs and Activities
- Bus Service for Senior & Disabled Residents - The Township provides free senior buses Monday through Friday, following a designated route. Arrangements can be made for transportation to special appointments within the Township. Call between 8:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. for a schedule or more information. Call 856-661-4711 or 856-661-4802. For information regarding the Township's Title VI policy, click here. To download a Title VI Complaint Form, click here.
- Cherry Hill Sewer Discount - Senior citizen taxpayers who are income-eligible for the $250 Property Tax Deduction automatically qualify to have the Township sewer rental fee waived. All homeowners 60 years of age or older can receive a 10% discount on Township sewer rental by showing proof of age at the Tax Collector's Office. For more information, please call 856-488-7880.
- Classes & Events - The Recreation Department offers ceramics, line dancing and square dancing courses for free, year-round. Additional courses such as aerobics, yoga, and AARP driver safety are offered seasonally for a small fee. Nonresidents may enroll in any Recreation Department program for an additional $10 fee per class.
- Gold Card Program - Cherry Hill residents 55 years of age or older can obtain a Gold Card from the Recreation Department (Municipal Building, 820 Mercer Street, Room 102) by showing proof of age and residency (i.e. a driver's license). The Gold Card entitles the bearer to discounts on township events and at participating businesses. Click here for an updated directory of discounts and services, or stop into the Recreation Office to pick one up.
- Handy Helper - Income-qualified senior citizens can receive free help with minor repairs through this township program. The Township will arrange for a certified contractor to complete plumbing, carpentry, or other minor repairs. Call 856-488-7855 to receive an application.
- Annual Property Tax Deduction - An annual deduction of up to $250 from property taxes for homeowners age 65 and older, or disabled who meet certain income and residency requirements. This benefit is administered by the local municipality. If you are not currently receiving this deduction, please call the Assessor's Office at 856-488-7899 or stop by Room 108 in the Municipal Building.
- Veteran’s Deduction - An annual deduction of up to $250 from taxes due on real estate of qualified war veterans and their unmarried surviving spouses/civil union partners/domestic partners. If you are not currently receiving this deduction, please call the Assessor's Office for further details at 856-488-7899.
- Senior Clubs - The Carman Tilelli Community Center is home to the Maturity Club, Super Seniors, Retired Men's Club and National Association of Retired Federal Employees.