Accounts Payable Clerk
The Cherry Hill Fire Department is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to work under the direction of the Purchasing Manager performing a variety of routine duties including reconciliation of accounts, records and documents in order to keep financial records complete. Other duties and responsibilities include managing incoming telephone communications and assisting with other secretarial duties, as needed. The Cherry Hill Fire Department offers a competitive salary/benefits package.
Must have five years’ experience in accounts payable
- Must have experience using Edmunds Accounting software. This is a requirement.
- Must have general office skills with strong MSO skills
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and thoroughness
- Must have strong interpersonal communications skills
- Must have basic accounting knowledge and understanding of general ledger accounts
- Must be a resident of the State of NJ
- Prepares routine accounting and statistical reports
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders, invoices and assists with the preparation of periodic reports
- Examines and verifies that entries, postings and totals are accurate and supporting documents are included
- Checks and compares for completeness and accuracy various types of documents such as vouchers, requisitions, invoices, bills and receipts verifying required approvals, totals and attachments
- Maintains confidentiality of essential records and files
- Accurately prepares detailed, technical and confidential accounting forms and documents
- Performs preliminary work involved in auditing
- Answers incoming calls for the Department; back-up to the receptionist
- Prepares Bank Statements
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Department
Interested candidates SHOULD NOT COMPLETE THE CHERRY HILL TOWNSHIP APPLICATION, BUT MUST send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.